Providing Expert Facial Services|Body Waxing|Microblading |Facial Waxing
We will change the way you treat your skin forever.
My eyebrow method is a tattoo done by hand and not machine which is called microblading. Microblading, also known as eyebrow embroidery, originated in Far East Asia and is taken from the bamboo tattoo method which is known as one of the oldest technique of implanting pigment into the skin.
This method is the finest form of eyebrow tattooing, using a pen-like device with a disposable microblade attached to scratch, etch and tap very thin lines into the skin. These thin lines flow in the same direction as your own hairs, and create the most natural results.
When using the hand held microblade, the color is deposited closer to the surface than when a machine is used, leaving very fine and crisp hair strokes with no spilling under the skin so these lines heal thinner and sharper and there is less blurring over time.
With this method I can create almost any look, from a very natural light finish or a beautifully bold brow. Each set of brows I design is bespoke to you and your measurements and the color we choose should complement you without any makeup but can easily be amped up for an evening out with a little added brow makeup.
Microblading is great not just for anyone looking to improve or enhance the appearance of their brows, but also for those with fine and gappy brows, and even those suffering from alopecia, as sparse or missing brows can be completely restored. The strokes are more visible when there is high contrast between skin and ink color, and they can last 1-3 years depending on the skin type and color chosen. (Microblading Terms and Conditions [Sited from www.permanentbeauty.london])
Microblading Before and After Photos
What You Need to Know
Candidates who are seeking permanent makeup and who may be contraindicated (meaning those that we cannot treat) are:
- those under 18 years of age
- people with diabetes
- pregnant and lactating women
- is currently using retinol
- people with glaucoma and people who are taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin, warfarin).
- people with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the site that is to be treated.
- people with allergies to makeup or colors
- those with easily triggered post inflammatory hyperpigmentation are not good candidates
- those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- are a hemophiliac
- have healing disorders, uncontrolled high blood pressure or had mitral valve disorder.
- those on any skin medication such as Accutane, steroids which thin and oversensitive the skin in the past 6 months
- those undergoing radiotherapy or chemotherapy treatment at present (or due to undergo such treatment) and any radiotherapy or chemotherapy came to an end not less than 42 days ago from the date of the treatment
- epileptic that has experienced a seizure in the last two years
- AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, fading can discolor your permanent makeup.
- Flu or Cold: Please stay home, reschedule your appointment if you have cold or flu or sinus/respiratory infection.
- Coumadin: Amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per appointment.
- If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or procedure may not be effective.
- Doctor’s clearance may be necessary for any health conditions you have that require medication.
- Juvederm or other “fillers”: Get permanent makeup first or ask your juvederm tech for clearance.
- Shingles (varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
- Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait minimum 3 months.
- Pinkeye: As soon as their infection has cleared, medication completed.
- Cold Sores: Clients must take virus meds prior to lip procedure. Your doctor can prescribe Meds for you.
Let us know if you have/had allergic reactions to topical anesthetics.
Sensitivity Patch Test
A sensitivity patch test is an option offered to all new clients. This has to be done any time before or at least 2 hours ahead of the booked appointment date. However if you wish to not have this done, you can sign a waiver and therefore release the therapist from liability if you develop an allergic reaction to the pigment or any of the products used.
Please understand there are traces of nickel in some needles and pigments and that this may affect you if you have an allergy to nickel. The sensitivity patch test will not always confirm or determine conclusively if you have an allergy to nickel or whether you will have a reaction to the products used within the treatment which you have requested.
Free Touch Up Treatment
A free touch-up treatment is complimentary to the price of new treatments and should be done within 8 weeks of initial treatment but no earlier than 4 weeks. It is the clients’ responsibility to book this treatment with enough notice as to enable your therapist adequate timeframe to schedule said treatment. Failure to do so will result in a charge incurred for the touch-up session.
Please note that rescheduling of the complimentary touch-up (within 8 weeks) will not be guaranteed. To conclude, our complimentary treatment is a gesture of good will. Pure Skin Solutions therefore reserve the right to revoke a complimentary treatment as seen fit dependent on interference with said treatment by another service provider not authorized by Pure Skin Solutions and or technicians discretion in set circumstances.
A complimentary session will not be offered to returning clients coming back to do brow top ups.
Permanent cosmetic treatments can require multiple treatment sessions. For best results, you may need to return for at least one touch up treatment between four and eight weeks after the initial treatment.
Be prepared for the color to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the treatment. This will subside and become lighter as the tissue heals. This process can take up to 10 days.
Advice for all permanent cosmetic treatments:
✔ Since delicate skin or sensitive area may be swollen or red, it is advised that you do not make social plans for the same day
✔ Please wear your normal natural make up to the salon on the day of the treatment – make up on the area to be treated will be removed upon your arrival as part of the preparation for the session.
✔ A sensitivity patch test is offered – details can be found in the Terms and Conditions, however waiver is available on the day of the treatment.
✘ Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen or Coumadin for 2 days before and 2 days after the treatment. However, you must not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
✘ Do not drink alcohol the night before your treatment.
✔ Any waxing should be performed at least 48 hours before the treatment: Electrolysis no less than 5 days before the treatment.
✔ Threading is not a problem to the procedure
✔ Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
Keep in mind…permanent make up is not suitable for everyone. We cannot guarantee successful result on 100% of our clients especially those with problem skin and we do not offer refunds as we have carried out the treatment at a cost to ourselves. Furthermore, complete symmetry is impossible to achieve and designing brows is generally determined by classic measurements and using the eyebrow Golden Ratio that we customized on each client. (image below)
Be prepared for the colour to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the treatment. This will subside and become lighter as the tissue heals. This process can take up to 14 days.
AFTERCARE FOR EYEBROWS
Proper care following your enhancement is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
You may experience the following symptoms for the first few days which are common during healing process:
- Minor swelling and redness, mild tenderness
- Itchiness in and around the treatment area.
- Dry flaking skin (due to scabbing).
Daily care to follow for 1 week
- Apply a healing balm (supplied, a maximum of 3 times a day. Please wash your hands before applying the product, and to prevent cross-contamination of the product use a clean cotton bud for each eyebrow)
- We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin but do not use directly on brows or during the first week. Do not splash wash your face.
- Apply a thick layer of Vaseline to your enhancement when washing your hair to prevent it from becoming wet. Remove the Vaseline with damp cotton pads – gently.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
- Itching is normal. Please DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the colour may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake naturally.
- Do not undergo any skincare beauty treatments for at least 5 days after the application of your enhancement.
- No make-up should be applied close to your enhancement during this time.
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement in direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower spray.
- Do not tint, wax, peels, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the enhancement region.
- Please note your selected color will be more striking and sharply defined for 10 to 14 days after treatment but as the healing process occurs the color will soften and lighten up to 60%.
- The approximate initial healing period is 14 days, however healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, or if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
- Bear in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of color is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch visit allowing us to fine tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however if you do not attend your scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged for any further treatment.
Long term care
- Use a good sunscreen as sun exposure will fade your enhancements.
- If you are scheduled to have a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics. Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a year post application.
Microblading Service & Booking FAQ’s
We do not offer consultation and thus we would only discuss the very date and time you can book in for the actual procedure with one of our specialists who can assist you with the intended service. Once we agree on a slot, an instruction would be sent to your email address.
The appointment is only booked once you have received a confirmation from our system.
Will you top up someone else's work?
Should I send in a photo of myself before booking an appointment?
What is a patch test? How can I book for one?
Can I book a consultation session?
Will you draw in the shapes first?
How long is the appointment?
Is the complimentary touch up appointment necessary?
How do I secure an appointment?
What if I cannot attend my appointment anymore?
Microblading Post-Treatment FAQ’s
Full aftercare instructions are available on our website under “Microblading” tab that can be accessed anytime.
In regard to top up appointments, we do have specific terms and conditions on booking and we will follow the terms and conditions strictly.
Can I get them wet or work out?
Can I wear makeup after?
When can I go out in the sun after the treatment?
It is not yet a month and the tattoo has already "disappeared"
It has been a week and my brows is itching.
Why do I have to have the complimentary touch up at least 4 weeks after the treatment?
How long will they last?
In instances of rescheduling from/ offered by Pure Skin Solutions alteration(s) of the booking diaries or a vacancy owing to cancellation, changes will be communicated to the suitable clients prior to their originally booked slot. Date and time for the appointment require approval/consent of the client to be changed. Once moved, normal terms and conditions still apply.
Each new treatment is one session followed by a complimentary treatment, the first being the initial procedure and the other complimentary session. The complimentary treatment is to fill in any gaps that did not take from the first session. The second session is not to change the shape or color of initial treatment but if you wish to do so will be charged accordingly. On the rare occasion a client may need a third session due to having a skin type that is more resistant to the implantation of pigment or from incorrect aftercare taken and will be charged accordingly – for pricing details please refer to our price list.
The payment of our service covers the cost for initial treatment only and therefore does not automatically entitle the customer to a complimentary treatment. Follow-up treatments are distributed on a case by case basis and down to the discretion of the technician who concluded the initial first treatment.
Failure to attend the booked appointment will result in penalty for future booking. This applies to clients who arrive too late for the appointment; those who did not show up for the appointment and those who did not give sufficient notice for rescheduling or cancellation.
Keep in Mind
A deposit is required to secure an appointment. The deposit is non-refundable. No reservation is possible without this payment. The deposit is accounted towards your treatment price. A Minimum of 7 days notice is required to reschedule an appointment to another date and or time. Failure to give minimum 7 days notice will result in loss of deposit and additional charge on the next appointment booked.
You must arrive on time as arriving late will mean you lose your appointment (paid or complimentary) and your deposit as this will delay the therapist schedule and is not fair to other following clients.
Pictures and videos will be taken during your procedure for reference purposes. They may be used by Pure Skin Solutions and by them only for marketing purposes on social media sites and on their webpage. We do not allow filming at any one point during the appointment for client’s blogging purpose without prior negotiation.
Located in the heart of Aurora's historic downtown
Pure Skin Solutions
26 South Stolp Avenue
Aurora, IL 60505
26 South Stolp Avenue
Aurora, Illinois 60506
Cancellation Policy And No Show Fee
At Pure Skin Solutions our continued viability relies on reservations being honored by our customers, and adequate notice being given of any changes or cancellations. Accordingly, the following applies:
- We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for any booking that is cancelled and No-Show without prior notice.
- For all bookings, you must notify us of a cancellation or change of appointment at least 3 days prior to your booking.
- Pure Skin Solutions reserves the right to charge a cancellation and a no-show fee of $50 for any bookings changed or cancelled within this 3-day notice period. This penalty is separate to your booking fee.
- The cancellation fee reflects the cost incurred by Pure Skin Solutions lost revenue as a result of turning away other potential bookings.
- We will notify you if any cancellation fee is applied.
- Any bookings which fail to turn up without any prior notice or arriving too late for the session, will also incur a $50.
We reserve the right to refuse our services at any one point. Prices are subject to change at any time. Deposits once paid are non-refundable. If you deliberately violate any of our terms and conditions, including our aftercare suggestions, we will be excluded from liability and we have the right to cancel any paid or complimentary treatment in the future. We reserve the rights to refuse our services if we feel there's a risk that violates health and safety codes.